Thursday, March 17, 2011

Evening everyone

Hi and hello there,
bit late here now but I just finished some work on the website so thought I would do a quick post. Well where to start..... the other day I was in the workshop and thought I would go for a quick smoke, anyhoo while I was in the kitchen I decided to clear all the pots. Everything was washed but there was a can lid on the worktop, which I was wiping down at the time. Not thinking much of it, I decided to nudge it to one side with the cloth while I was wiping, intending to move it when I was done. What I didn't realise was  that for whatever reason it had stuck to the worktop, so my nudge didn't work and instead I sliced the side of my finger open.

Now I didn't know tin lids were capable of this sort of sneaky underhanded tactic, and assumed if it wanted to attack me, it would have the decency to do it head on .... but no, it was like a rogue in stealth mode that sliced when I least expected it. Obviously I checked straight away for any signs of black clothing and ninja style masks but I saw none, so I can only surmise this was a master ninja tin lid that is way to cool to wear ninja garb, and attacks naked!! Not to be defeated I scooped the offending lid up and put it in the recycle bin, sniggering at the fact that it would be melted down, and at my victory over the ninja tin lid. I would just like to point out though that I have since wondered about this, and if it will reconstruct itself in the fashion of terminator 2; pulling it's ninja bits and pieces back together to regain its former malevolence. I hope it doesn't find it's way back here...and seek.......revenge !!!!!

Anyway clawing my way out of a JD moment and back to reality, my finger didn't bleed straight away it waited a while (ninja style?) and then when it decided to bleed - it poured. Problem being it did it when I least expected it (hmmm..) and waited until I had started working on a new piece of leather. Clearly this piece is now not fit for working and selling but is now just a reminder of the incident and only suitable for testing patterns/ideas out on, no one wants to buy blood splattered leather.

OO wait though I just thought, it would be awesome for LARPers, pre blood soaked, battle aftermath looking armour; maybe there's a selling point there?

Well that's it from me for now, I'm off to have a chill and train those cows in the art of the ninja.

The Hostile Heroine x

2 comments:

  1. Stace not an angry cow just Mad!!March 18, 2011 at 12:03 PM

    OMG ninja tin lids!! So glad you're giving those cows a hiding - oh no stop me now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're everywhere I tell you, be vigilante and watch your back... well fingers.

    ReplyDelete